Dear Lay Dominicans and Inquirers:
Just a reminder that we will be meeting a week later this month due to Mother’s Day. So we will meet on May 20th, at the Dominican priory located adjacent to the University of Dallas.
In speaking with our provincial president, Col. Jo Ann Cotterman, she recommended that we return to praying the Liturgy of the Hours together. So this month, I’d like to try praying the morning prayer before Mass in the library. So the day will run as follows:
- Inquirers class at 10AM in the library
- Morning prayer at 10:50 in the library
- Mass at 11:15
- General Meeting after Mass, until about 1 or 1:15
- Enjoy our sack lunches together
- New inquirers, you are welcome to join us for any parts of the meeting that you wish!
Also, the Executive Council met in March and planned the following topics and dates for our general meetings.
- April 11th: David Toups gave a wonderful presentation on “Avoiding Distractions in Prayer!”
- May 20th: St. Martin de Porres, moderated by Annette Butler
- June 10th: Psalms, moderated by Barry Burton
- July 8th: Spiritual Direction presented by Cheryl Denise Pumphries
- August 4th or 11th: Annual day of Reflection
- September 9th: St. Louis de Montfort
- October 14th: Reflections on mysteries of the Rosary
- November 11th: How the Bible Came About, presented by Bill Malloy
- December 9th: The Holy Trinity, presented by Barry Burton and Cheryl Denise Pumphries
- January 13th: Election of Officers
Born: December 9, 1579
Died: November 3, 1639
Feast: November 3
Often associated with: a dog, a cat, a bird, and a mouse eating together from a same dish; broom, crucifix, rosary, a heart
Please see the attached reading regarding this great saint and these links regarding St. Martin de Porres.
Hope to see everyone on the 20th!